Sunday, January 18, 2009

Healthy foods for on the road


Here is some useful info about foods that are very healthy that I recomend you keep in your truck at all times . These statements are not from a health professional and if you have doubts please contact a nutritionist or doctor. These statements are formed from my personal opinion and several sources about healthy dieting.
Apricots-They help prevent radical damage and help protect your eyes. I recommend the dried variety because they are easier to store on the road. Contents: 1 grams fiber; 0 fat; 17 calories.
Peanuts-They contain 166 calories per ounce;fiber 2 grams; fat 14 grams. I also recommend almonds for magnesium content for a healthy heart.
Mango-It is believed the antioxidant in this fruit helps prevent arthritis and boosts your immune system. Also rich in vitamin C content. I prefer dried if you can find them, or dehydrate your own.
Fish-Cold water fish such as tuna, mackerel and salmon contain your omega 3 fatty acids. I eat a lot of tuna and sardines because of the ease of storing them in the truck. I buy the meal packs with a cookie and peaches. they come in different varieties. Omega 3s reduce the risk of cardio disease. I also take omega 3 fish oil. 1200 grams daily. Her is a link to my favorite diet source. http://www.simpletruckerdiet.com/






No comments: