Include these healthy foods in your diet. No matter how much weight you are working out to loose or gain, these healthy foods will enhance any diet. Do not mind about the added calories, they are so minimal. To think of it, most food contains calories. The benefits you get from these foods are great.
Let us drink to your health
• Water for the body is good. Water with flavoring? As Rabbis usually says, we could look at that in different ways. Funny sometimes are Rabbis but actually there is too much wisdom in that. You see, you will never go wrong with water. No one does. Any water that is not needed by the body gets out of the body. The more is flushed out, the cleaner our system gets, and the healthier we become. What should be bothering is what we mix with the water.
• Fruit juices? Okay but make it natural. Juices squeezed out of fresh fruits do wonders for the body. It has some calories but the benefits far outweigh whatever the added calories. The sugar in fresh fruits unlike processed sugar is good. The calories derived from it give constant, steady burning energy unlike table sugar that gives sudden energy boosts and the feeling of tiredness afterwards. Because of the natural sugars, the feeling of being full lasts and so we feel hungry less. If the diet leans on strict adherence, do not buy bottled juices or powders. There are so many other additives in it that may upset your dieting program. This is the time where you should read the label. Read the fine print too. You may be getting more of the additives and less of the fruit juice. Most fruit juice preparations are so watered down, perked up with additives, highly sugared and not worth much in the healthy foods department.
• Coffee – Yes. Coffee are very rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants benefit the body in many ways. One of these is the slowing down of the aging process. Now, eating food that are rich in antioxidants may not shave off years to our looks but it makes our body function better. But limit that to a few cups because of the caffeine.
Then We Feast
• Eat avocado and no, do steer off it because of the fat. The fat in avocado is good and considered in nutrition circles as "healthy Fat". Avocado is one of the richest in fiber especially those that are fully ripe. Actually the more mature it gets the better the fiber. It is one of those rare food that are very filling without calories. Just like coffee avocados are very rich in antioxidants less the caffeine. It is also an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Avocados could be a complete meal when mixed with milk. It also blends very well with many different kinds of food like salads, guacamole, tortilla etc. This is not a boring health food.
• If avocado tops in fiber, walnuts top in Omega 3. Good as salad and pastry toppings, it is also a good portable snack. Hemp oil is almost similar in benefits.
• Likewise, apples, potatoes, oats, Brazil nuts, and fishes of the fresh water/fatty variety are healthy foods that you will never go wrong even when you eat plenty.