Almost everybody loves cheese. Loaded with calcium and protein, the "real thing" makes so many dishes more appealing, mellow, and nutty. Smooth melting Norwegian Jarlsberg, America's most popular specialty cheese is particularly versatile, a family favorite.
Made from part skim milk, it's naturally low in calories, sodium and fat. Newer Jarlsberg Lite, also great for snacking and cooking, has 50 percent less fat than regular Swiss.
Try this super simple Asparagus Rolls recipe, a surefire party idea. Here are a few other easy, creative, absolutely delicious uses for either classic Jarlsberg or Jarlsberg Lite.
• Roll cheese slices around fresh fruits or raw vegetables.
• Add cubes to salads and pastas (warm or cool).
• Shred on vegetables and into sauces.
• Enhance stuffings for meat, poultry or fish.
• Enrich egg dishes.
• Shred into mashed or potatoes.
• Grill with peppers, squash, potatoes.
• Top burgers; beef, turkey or salmon.
• Make hors d'oeuvres, wraps and sandwiches galore.
Asparagus Rolls With
Ham and Jarlsberg
12 clean asparagus spears
12 thin slices lean ham
1 cup grated Jarlsberg cheese
Boil asparagus in lightly salted water 1 minute. With slotted spoon, dip spears in ice water to preserve color; drain on paper towels. Wrap a slice of ham around each spear and place on baking sheet lightly sprayed with oil. Sprinkle spears liberally with Jarlsberg and brown in 450° oven about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving suggestions: Place on grilled country bread brushed with olive oil and garlic and topped with chopped tomatoes plus a bit of sea salt, if desired.
Cheese, glorious cheese is just delicious when included in this Asparagus Rolls With Ham and Jarlsberg recipe.